Tuesday, September 11, 2012

21st Century Classroom Weekend Workshop at S.S.I.S.

I did a 2 day workshop called 21st Century Classroom, with Kim Cofino this weekend. It was an amazing learning experience. I learned about how to use “Twitter” and “VoiceThread.” I also touched on “Sketchup,” “InstaGrok” and “Edmodo.” I had a chance to learn more about Blogging and Google docs too! Most importantly I learned about the ‘transformative’ nature of technology. That creativity happens not in isolation, but in the creative commons that is social media. My favourite quotes from the weekend by Kim Cofino are: “Technology is a mindset, not just a skill set." “Everything is a Remix” http://www.everythingisaremix.info/watch-the-series/ Here is the whole 21stC group! 21st C workshop with Kim Cofino321st C workshop with Kim Cofino121st C workshop with Kim Cofino2

No comments:

Post a Comment