Monday, September 17, 2012

Favourite Educational Resources Used This Year

I thought it would be interesting to share the educational resources that I am using this year and what my daily schedule looks like. First in the day we do "Word Work" in 1st grade. I use Patricia M. Cunningham's Systematic and Sequencial Phonics They Use Carson-Dellosa Publishing Company, Inc. I use this book for the "Making Words" activities, I also follow it for phonics and spelling lessons thoughout the year. The kids love doing "Making Words" and this resouce makes it sooo easy to plan the lessons, it's all laid out for you!
Source: amazon.com via Paula on Pinterest


Next in line is "Reader's Workshop." I like Daily 5 and The CAFE book.
 I also use Making Meaning and Growing Readers.







After a recess break we go into "Writer's Workshop." We use the Lucy Culkins writing program.
Following "Writer's Workshop," we do either "Work Stations" (which are literacy centers) or "Community Circle." My favourite resource for community building is TRIBES.

 Lunch and recess are followed by specials such as Art, Music, P.E., Library, and Host Country Studies.

Finally, we have Science or Social Studies and Math to end the day. In Science, I love using the FOSS Kits, they are 'hands on' discovery based science lessons/units.  We use the math resource Everyday Math, it follows a spiral curriculum and that it is very game based. I have learned so many math games by using this resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment